Searchability

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Kali Malone - (2020) Studies for Organ CS

 

Self-released – none

“Studies for Organ” is a rehearsal demo tape featuring the early iterations of some of my organ pieces. I recorded these as a form a note taking during the compositional process, not thinking of the recording as a final form but as documentation of an evolving practice. Fascinated by the transmutability of the musical material, I later went on to apply variations of these compositional structures to other organs and instrumentations. Revisiting these recordings today, I doubt I am finished exploring this material. These are the raw and elemental forms of a music which can be reiterated upon endlessly.


Self released.

Cover photo taken by Victoria Loeb in 2017.

Inner pipe photo taken by Kali Malone in 2019 while tuning/repairing an organ at Möjakyrka.

Music written and recorded by Kali Malone in 2017-2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice / no spam...