Searchability

Monday, September 21, 2020

Network Glass - (2020) Laugh Now, Laugh Later 4xCS

It is pointless to talk about what music sounds like.

What is the true “substance” of so-called experimental music? Is it the “sonic palette” or the manner in which sounds are arranged in time? What separates Network Glass from 100gecs? Both spend too much time on Twitch anyway.

The difference? Network Glass doesn’t bully the sounds. He doesn’t push them around. He lets them speak for themselves without forcing them into anything, be it the grid or literary context.

Laugh Now Laugh Later is a handbook against Sonic Oppression. What do the sounds want to do?

It is my belief that music’s “substance” is a delicate symbiosis between “form” and “content”. If you let the sounds do what they want to do then you take an important step back from your personal desires and begin to approach something truly experimental. Network Glass has taken that step.

Say no to sonic bullying!

Jack Callahan
July 7th, 2020
 
released September 10, 2020

Mastered by Zane Kavensky 
 

I think I paid $41 bucks for these conceptual music pieces, & was really worried before it showed up that I was gonna be annoyed/ regret it. Bought off Bandcamp but I always refuse to listen to their digital copies (as I prefer MY digital MP3s/ FLACs) when I buy the physical merch.

Totally stoked by the experience of opening package, pulling the shit out, thinking about wtf? is being presented here in front of me. I actually spent a few days looking at the items (yes, the tissue paper even). Wore the clown nose a few times. Eventually, listened/ ripped the tapes.

Gotta say it was quite titillating  & enjoyable. I should probably read what is written on the poster. Have not done so as it needs to be read off a mirror, I believe.

Good shit man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice / no spam...